Trialsnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials Weight Training

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

Number of posts : 149
bike size: : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Trials Weight Training Empty
PostSubject: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime27th October 2008, 16:11

Hi,

I know this is in TF a lot, just I've been starting to weight train for next season already cause weathers s**t here recently, been riding, but only for like half hours at a time, on off rain and s**t.

So just writing to see if any of you also are starting to weight train : which ever, trials, looks, the ladies hahahah or whatever floats you boat. Also just wondering again to see which type of training your doing, as in : Power training, Endurance training, Lean training, or well fit i guess.

I'm doing a Power program which i do a light week (3 sets of 10 reps), then a middle week (3 sets of 6-7 reps), and well heavy week when (3 sets of well any where to 5 or untill cant go anymore) each week going up about 10 pounds or so.

Been working well so far, been doing cardio as well, which you need to keep up.

Just want to know everyones thoughts and see if you train as well for well yuor tips and well maybe some good info on excercises for back cause thats where i want to work a lot but only know a few excersises.

Thanks,
Joey
Back to top Go down
trials-luke
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
trials-luke

Number of posts : 334
bike size: : modified ;)
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime27th October 2008, 16:13

never heard of it but sounds like a good idea

i think i may just go out in the rain anyway though
Back to top Go down
http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=cb01a0018f782e09
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime27th October 2008, 16:19

ha like well gym it you know what i mean, like weight lift i guess.

I designed a program though for me best i could for trials.
Back to top Go down
trials-luke
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
trials-luke

Number of posts : 334
bike size: : modified ;)

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime27th October 2008, 16:20

i guess i put on 10 pounds of macdonalds anyway lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=cb01a0018f782e09
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime27th October 2008, 16:21

hahaha i cc well i do that then just get jacked up burn it off during the week ha
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Admin
Admin
Jamie

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 14:23

You do any HIIT?

Quick google will bring it up!
Back to top Go down
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 16:30

yeah i do that like once in a while in fitness. Pretty crazy, gets your heart pumpin and the next day or two after your bodies just aching. Love it though.
Back to top Go down
Matty Eh
Trials Newbie
Trials Newbie
Matty Eh

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 17:06

Smile i made myself a regime ages ago and it helped my power in lifting the bike it used to be slow and i couldnt huck? but after about two weeks i could really feel a difference in my riding, and i can now huck like a little byatch.
Back to top Go down
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 18:47

yeah, i've already noticed a difference in, well first of all i used to be better at ups with like a pedal, now i just bunny hop better (still tap with pedal stroke though), and same with hooks ha! Did first bunny hop hook today, wayyyyyyyy easier, feel more powerful,gives you more momentum and more speed.

Also i feel more power all through, bike is my bitch now, throw it around plenty. I've actually improved a lot since i've been lifting.

Basically i would reccomend any one to atleast try it out for a month(3 days a week), i doubt you'll like it at first but you will eventually. Really when you think about all the plus's (strength, healthier heart, looks, improvement, dedication etc...) then you will want to go even if you don't like it at first. I really still don't, but i still get into it and pump it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
Scott

Number of posts : 435
bike size: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 20:17

I may have to start doing this myself acctully :P
I could do with getting abit extra muscle and loosing some of that fat layer I have, haha.
Back to top Go down
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime3rd November 2008, 07:57

haha nice man do it... defintly worth the comitment and the training, just need to get into it, and well eating right helps.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
Scott

Number of posts : 435
bike size: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime3rd November 2008, 10:47

I'm stumped for the eating right part then :P
It's not that I only eat junk food, it's that I eat no food :lol!:

Yet for some reason, I'm sitting her holding in a big ass s**t haha.
Back to top Go down
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime6th November 2008, 18:12

ha oh man, thats pretty sweet haha, eating is pretty important to stay healthy even if you aint weight training though haha, but its your body!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials Weight Training   Trials Weight Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials Weight Training
Page 1 of 1