Trialsnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grinding a Rim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joeyvajda
Senior
Senior
joeyvajda

Number of posts : 149
bike size: : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Grinding a Rim Empty
PostSubject: Grinding a Rim   Grinding a Rim Icon_minitime9th November 2008, 20:11

Badass Grind

Here is a video off of observedtrials showing how to grind a rim, i think its quite good, shows basicly an easy was to do it, other ways that i will list as well. here is the youtube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAtdLzUZyT0

'Spin Grind'

Now this is basically my explanation to grinding a rim, while spinning it. Gives even grind but not too sharp.

1. First you take wheel of bike, and well take tire and tube off aswell, and well put a sock on cogs and prep for grinding...

2. You put on all safety gear and such your comfortable with and then place wheel back into drop-outs and tighten bolts up (not to crazy but safely)

3. Now you use an angle grinder and use which ever disc (i use zip-cuts) and well play with which angle you want to suit you needs.

4. you spin the rim and turn on the grinder and touch the rim making the rim spin and push to get it more harsh. (make sure you spin it the way the grinder will spin it, dont want to get kickback)

5. you keep checking to see how you like the grind, then do the other side the same.

6. now you wipe away all dust/chips and clean your rim or whatever and go ride!

Joey
Back to top Go down
javras analoskii!
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
javras analoskii!

Number of posts : 260
bike size: : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Grinding a Rim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grinding a Rim   Grinding a Rim Icon_minitime11th November 2008, 15:32

i love it how he uses a fish-eye lens. :lol!: rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MyProfile=Y

Grinding a Rim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grinding a Rim   Grinding a Rim Icon_minitime17th November 2008, 06:27

Spinning grind doesn't work to well aye Scott. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grinding a Rim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grinding a Rim   Grinding a Rim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grinding a Rim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trialsnation :: Trials :: Tricks 'N' Tips-
Jump to: