Trialsnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie
Admin
Admin
Jamie

Number of posts : 657
bike size: : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Empty
PostSubject: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime30th October 2008, 02:07

You will need;
An 8mm Spanner, preferably ring type,
A 2mm Allen Key,
A 3mm Allen Key
A 4mm Allen Key,
Some tubing,
An old juice bottle or similar (I used an old hamster bottle with the spout)
Dot 5.1 or Dot 4 Brake Fluid, I do not reccomend using Dot 4 as it is very thick!
An old t-shirt, cloth etc,
A groundsheet and last of all some copper grease.

Step One - Put the bike somewhere safe, Preferably in a stand or somewhere stable and out the way! Make sure lever reservoir is level!

Step Two - Under your work area place a groundsheet to catch any fluid that may drip as brake fluid is highly corrosive. An old duvet cover or bedsheet works wonders, dont forget to ask permission first or there could be some very angry mothers.

Step Three - Take off the wheel and take out your pads to avoid contamination from dribbles and splashes.

Step Four - With a blunt object push the calipers back or "home" I always use a fine tuning screwdriver or the 3 mm Allen key

Step Five - Place the ring spanner over the bleed nipple followed by the tubing, insert the other end of the tubing into the bottle, probably best to tie it to the neck of the bottle so it doesnt pop out! Make sure this bottle is somewhere secure where it cant get knocked over, Tied to the opposite fork is always a good place.

Step Six - Remove the top cap and diaphragm (Small rubber insert) using the 2mm Allen Key. Keep these clean and safe!

Step Seven - Undo the bleed nipple ¼ of a full turn (anticlockwise) and squeeze the lever slowly all the way to the bars.
Close the bleed nipple.
Let the lever return to normal position. – note how the fluid level decreases during this step. Keep topping up the reservoir. Tap the lever and caliper with a metalic object to release any trapped air!

Repeat step seven until you see the new fluid in the tube to the bottle, you will see this as a slight colour change. Never let the resevoir run dry, if this happens top up and keep repeating step seven!
When To Stop - You should stop once the colour of bled fluid has finished changing and you no longer see any bubbles.Tighten the bleed nipple, remove your pipeing and put the fluid to the side!
Top up the reservoir to the lip, squeeze any old fluid/air out the diaphragm and insert into the lever body. Replace the top cap and tighten up using the 2mm Allen key. Wipe up any fluid from the caliper and lever and go wash your hands as they will have fluid on them.
When replacing pads I reccomend putting a smear of copper grease on the rears, this helps stop sticky pistons and brake noise. Insert retention pin and clip and replace the wheel.
Pump the lever 5 or 6 times to centralise your pads to the disk. Now readjust your lever using the 3mm allen key, Between the blade and body there is a brass barrel with a threaded rod sticking out, tighten or loosen this rod to produce the desired effect on your lever!!!
Final step - Get the hell of your computer and go ride!!!
Back to top Go down
Dale Hill
Senior
Senior
Dale Hill

Number of posts : 104
bike size: : 20 inch :)
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime23rd November 2008, 15:06

In case you don't want to read that look at this

http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_33.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.dale-hill.weebly.com
Jake
Clueless
Clueless
Jake

Number of posts : 15
bike size: : Mod
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime23rd December 2008, 05:31

[quote="Dale Hill"]In case you don't want to read that look at this

Those video's are really good and helpful and they are done by hope. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 12:10

Don't suppose anyone knows how to bleed a magura louise. If so can you's please make a topic for it.
Back to top Go down
trials-luke
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
trials-luke

Number of posts : 334
bike size: : modified ;)
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 12:11

Doesnt ross know higgz?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=cb01a0018f782e09

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 12:22

Ross who?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 12:23

Alright i thought you mean't Doesn't ross know higgs as in met him. My bad

I don't know i will ask him when he comes online.
Back to top Go down
javras analoskii!
Sketchy Rider
Sketchy Rider
javras analoskii!

Number of posts : 260
bike size: : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 12:36

USEFUL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MyProfile=Y
Jamie
Admin
Admin
Jamie

Number of posts : 657
bike size: : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime29th December 2008, 19:44

Jarvis stop spamming, Once more and your getting warned!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime30th December 2008, 17:44

Doesn't matter about how to bleed a louise i looked it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.   Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleeding A Hope Mono Trial.
Page 1 of 1